Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SHAHZAIB ISMAIL

Default HOW TO MAKE A EXCEL & WORD FILE IN RECOGNIZABLE FORMAT

DEAR SIR,

I HAVE A PROBLUM WITH MY EXCELL & WORD DOC. MY ALL DOCUMENT IS NOT IN
A RECOGNIZABLE FORMAT HOW TO MAKE THEM IN A RECOGNIZABLE FORMAT.

WHEN I OPEN MY EXCEL FILE THE ERROR GENERATOR THAT THE FILE IN NOT IN
A RECOGNIZABLE FORMAT PLEASE HELP ME

OUT ALL WORK IS REMAIN IN PANDING
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bob777

Are you sure the documents are genuine.
Are you sure you do not have a virus
If you e-mail them to a friend, can they open them
There are word and excel clones on the WEB, try one of those
Create a document in word and e-mail it to yourself can u read it
Do you have a word 95, that cannot open word 2000 upwards
Try opening with the clipboard viewer.

--
bob777
bob777's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28504

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Miller

Don't quite understand what you want. Excel and word are two different
porgrams and have two different file formats. You can't open an Excel
file in Word and vice versa. You can import or link one format in the
other program.
We need more information to help you.
Also, writing in all caps is considered bad netiquette. That is
generally used for shouting at someone and it is difficult to read.

SHAHZAIB ISMAIL Wrote:
DEAR SIR,

I HAVE A PROBLUM WITH MY EXCELL & WORD DOC. MY ALL DOCUMENT IS NOT IN
A RECOGNIZABLE FORMAT HOW TO MAKE THEM IN A RECOGNIZABLE FORMAT.

WHEN I OPEN MY EXCEL FILE THE ERROR GENERATOR THAT THE FILE IN NOT IN
A RECOGNIZABLE FORMAT PLEASE HELP ME

OUT ALL WORK IS REMAIN IN PANDING

--
Bob Miller
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Unfortunately you can open an Excel workbook directly in Word.

The problem with this is that users forget and allow saving to take place,
which now makes it a Word format and Excel can not read it.

Possibly this scenario is what corrupted the Excel files.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP