Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default automatically update a link without opening the other spreadsheet

Hi i have a spreadsheet that is automatically created at the end of the
working day we will call it "ssa.csv". I have created another worksheet that
sits there and pulls the data out of "ssa.csv" called "infomation.xls". I can
only update the infomation in "infomation.xls" if the file "ssa.csv" is open.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CmK CmK is offline

yeah you have to read a macro for it
if its a link i think you press F9 to update
your you can refeesh the link every minute while its open

"LaKaroT" wrote:

Hi i have a spreadsheet that is automatically created at the end of the
working day we will call it "ssa.csv". I have created another worksheet that
sits there and pulls the data out of "ssa.csv" called "infomation.xls". I can
only update the infomation in "infomation.xls" if the file "ssa.csv" is open.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is a little late, but it might be useful to anyone looking for a solution.

If you open your file information.xls, you should be presented with a dialog
asking you whether or not to update the linked data.

If your file is already open and you want to trigger an update manually,
from the menu choose Edit Links... and then click on Update Values. You
should not need to have the source file open.

HTH,

Peter