Arhippa

Default How to show negative time (e.g. -10 hours)

How I'm able to calculate 5 hours 15 minutes minus 6 hours 30 minutes equals
-1 hour 15 minutes?
JE McGimpsey

One way:

Change your workbook's date system to the 1904 system
(Tools/Options/Calculate, check the 1904 date system checkbox). The
WinXL default 1900 system can't display negative time values.

In article ,
"Arhippa" wrote:

How I'm able to calculate 5 hours 15 minutes minus 6 hours 30 minutes equals
-1 hour 15 minutes?

Jason Morin

Another option is to display the negative time value as a
text value in another cell while still using the actual
difference (#######) in any calculations.

=IF(B1=A1,TEXT(B1-A1,"[h]:mm:ss"),TEXT(A1-B1,"-
[h]:mm:ss"))

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA