Just Me

Default Exporting to CSV file with Chinese Characters in Spreadsheet

I received a file from one of our subsidiaries in Honk Kong. The spreadsheet
has Chinese characters in the spreadsheet that appear and print out just fine
as Chinese characters. But when I export the data to a Comma Separated Value
file, the Chinese characters all appear as question marks. I tried adding the
Chinese language with the Windows XP SP2 CD but it did not make any
difference.

Any thoughts would be welcome. Thanks!

Ron
Mark Hone

Hi Ron,

I have a feeling that CSV files are always encoded as 8-bit and can't handle
unicode text such as the Chinese alphabet. Can you export the data as HTML
or XML for the purpose in question?

Just a thought,

Mark