Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Find and Replace Command Using Wildcard Help

I can't think of how to explain this question so I'll just use an example:

Using the find and replace command. I want to find < 'Worksheet1'!A* and
replace it with < INDIRECT("'Worksheet1!A*") . In the example the find
command is of course using " * " for a wildcard. the problem I'm having is I
need whatever that cell number is to remain the same during replacement. For
example, when it finds < 'Worksheet1'!A2 it should replace it with <
INDIRECT("'Worksheet1!A2") and when it finds < 'Worksheet1'!A3 it should
replace it with < INDIRECT("'Worksheet1!A3") , etc. Is there a symbol/key
command that I can use to tell excel to search using the wild card but
replace the cell reference with the same cell reference it finds but also add
in the INDIRECT command?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can just do
'Worksheet1'!A