PJF

Default Can the "Link to data in another Workbook Dialog Box" be disabled?

On opening an Excel Workbook which has links to data in another workbook, a
dialog box opens that gives the user the option to link to the external data
or keep the data that's already in the opened workbook. I want to disable
the "link to data in another workbook" option, thus preventing the user to
access new data and keep only the data that's already in the opened
workbook. Any way to do that?

Thanks and regards,

PJF

ScottO

I don't know if this feature is in your version of XL, but in mine (2002),
if you go to Edit/Links in the bottom left corner there's a button marked
"Startup Prompt ..." which lets you set the option that you're after. One
option available is "Don't display the alert and don't update automatic
links".
Rgds,
ScottO

"PJF" wrote in message
| On opening an Excel Workbook which has links to data in another workbook,
| dialog box opens that gives the user the option to link to the external
data
| or keep the data that's already in the opened workbook. I want to disable
| the "link to data in another workbook" option, thus preventing the user to
| access new data and keep only the data that's already in the opened
| workbook. Any way to do that?
|
| Thanks and regards,
|
| PJF

PJF

Thanks, Scott. But I'm using Excel 2000 and the only options I have
Edit/Links are update automatic or manual. No start up prompt button. I
checked other possible locations but no comparable feature in 2000
apparently.

Thanks, nonetheless, for trying to help.

PJF