Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Why isn't arent all my case notes transfering in a pivot report?

When I do a refresh, part of my case notes are missing. What can I do about
it. I need for the report to show all of my case notes, and not just part of
what I type in my file.... When I do the refresh, only some of what I typed
in the case notes is visable?

Do you know a fix? Or do you have any ideas? Is there something I can do
to change the limit of what gets refreshed? (cuz this sure isn't good)

I just created this and we are starting to use it, but this won't do...
having 1/2 of the data missing....

--
thank you, Lorie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you're using Excel 2003, or an earlier version, cells in a pivot
table will only display 255 characters. Perhaps you could enter the
notes in smaller sections, in separate fields in the source data. Then,
add all the notes fields to the pivot table.

Lorie wrote:
When I do a refresh, part of my case notes are missing. What can I do about
it. I need for the report to show all of my case notes, and not just part of
what I type in my file.... When I do the refresh, only some of what I typed
in the case notes is visable?

Do you know a fix? Or do you have any ideas? Is there something I can do
to change the limit of what gets refreshed? (cuz this sure isn't good)

I just created this and we are starting to use it, but this won't do...
having 1/2 of the data missing....

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures