Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can't insert cells

Hi. Recently, Excel has been acting funny. Normally I can insert
just one cells (or two or three or however many) by selecting any area
of a worksheet and then right clicking, choosing insert and then a box
pops up allowing me to "shift cells right, shift cells down, entire
row, or entire column."

Now something has happened and the choices shift cells right, and
shift cells down are grayed out. Does anyone know why this would
happen or how I can fix it short of reinstalling Excel?

By the way, I'm running Excel 2003 SP2.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There's a good chance that Excel thinks there's no space left in the
worksheet. Select cell A1, save the worksheet and try again - this should
"reset" the spreadsheet.

Tim

"kramer31" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi. Recently, Excel has been acting funny. Normally I can insert
just one cells (or two or three or however many) by selecting any area
of a worksheet and then right clicking, choosing insert and then a box
pops up allowing me to "shift cells right, shift cells down, entire
row, or entire column."

Now something has happened and the choices shift cells right, and
shift cells down are grayed out. Does anyone know why this would
happen or how I can fix it short of reinstalling Excel?

By the way, I'm running Excel 2003 SP2.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Mar 6, 2:44 pm, "Tim" wrote:
There's a good chance that Excel thinks there's no space left in the
worksheet. Select cell A1, save the worksheet and try again - this should
"reset" the spreadsheet.

Thanks for the thought, but that didn't work. Does anyone have any
other ideas? I really don't feel like digging up my MS Office disk
over this.