Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Convert Dates to text

I am trying to convert a date - 2/3/06 - into text format to run an
INDIRECT formula. I want the date to convert to 02-03-06 as text.
Would there be a way to do this without having to retype the date?

drummer

--
lmullenjr
lmullenjr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33132

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

use this function:
Cell A1: Date
A2=TEXT(MONTH(A1),"00")&"-"&TEXT(DAY(A1),"00")&"-"&RIGHT(YEAR(A1),2)

"lmullenjr" wrote:

I am trying to convert a date - 2/3/06 - into text format to run an
INDIRECT formula. I want the date to convert to 02-03-06 as text.
Would there be a way to do this without having to retype the date?

drummer

--
lmullenjr
lmullenjr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33132
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=573046

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

lmullenjr wrote:
I am trying to convert a date - 2/3/06 - into text format to run an
INDIRECT formula. I want the date to convert to 02-03-06 as text.
Would there be a way to do this without having to retype the date?

drummer

Hi,

try this:

=Text(A1,"dd-mm-yy")

to have the date in a day-month-year format, or:

=Text(A1,"mm-dd-yy")

to have the date in a month-day-year format,

where your date is A1.

--
Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.