Murph

Default clickable buttons

can you insert command buttons into an excel sheet? if so, can you make them
change colors after they have been clicked?

I think you can use autoshapes as buttons in excel but I'm not sure you have
as much control with them, as in changing colors and such.

I want to link a macro to a button. Once that button is pushed I want it to
change colors so the user knows they have already clicked it once.

Harald Staff

Hi

Have the assigned macro color the object in addition to what it's supposed
to do. You can use anything if so, the drawing toolbar is full of good
looking things.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Murph" skrev i melding
can you insert command buttons into an excel sheet? if so, can you make

them
change colors after they have been clicked?

I think you can use autoshapes as buttons in excel but I'm not sure you

have
as much control with them, as in changing colors and such.

I want to link a macro to a button. Once that button is pushed I want it

change colors so the user knows they have already clicked it once.

TomHinkle

I have done a similar thing, BUT I would suggest instead of changing the
color of the button, Put a date-time stamp next to it.

This command will put a time stamp with User ID (UID as determined by the
initials in the excel options box) next to button 'cmdFlowFormulasDown')

a color can be good, but I think actually showing the last date and time a
button was clicked removes ANY guesswork.

** on buttons from the forms toolbar, you can only change the font color of
the button
** on buttons from the VB toolbar, you can change the color of the button as
well, but they are trickier to work with.

ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Buttons").Buttons("cmdFlo wFormulasDown").BottomRightCell.Cells(0,
2).Value = Format(Now(), "mmm d, yyyy - hh:mm ") & Application.UserName