Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default SUMIF Function

I am trying to write a SUMIF formula where the "Criteria" is any cells in the
range that have a date in them. and in another formula any cells in the
range that are blank.

IE =SUMIF(h5:h100,Criteria to = any cell with a date value,g5:g100)
and
=SUMIF(h5:h100,Criteria to = any blank cells,g5:g100)

any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

also I need to write a formula in cell I3 that says if Cell H3 has a value
enter "X" in I3, if H# has NO value put a "Y" in I3
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It depends. If your column is only dates or blanks, then all dates can be found using the criteria
"0"

=SUMIF(H5:H100,"0",G5:G100)

And the reverse can be

=SUMIF(H5:H100,"",G5:G100)