Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Date Format not working

I have a column of dates that are formatted like: 04/19/2009.

BUT

I want them formatted as: April, 2009

I cright click and try to format the date but nothing happens?

Why? How can I change the format of these dates?

I am using Excel 07

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

have you check if the 04/19/2009 is text? sorry for the question
hth
--
pleae click yes if it was helpfull
regards from Brazil

"Stross002" escreveu:

I have a column of dates that are formatted like: 04/19/2009.

BUT

I want them formatted as: April, 2009

I cright click and try to format the date but nothing happens?

Why? How can I change the format of these dates?

I am using Excel 07

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Now that I went from 4/20/2010 to April-10 I still have a hard time filtering
my data.

Eventhough it says April-10 it is still reading the day because the original
date had the day in it. So it is filtering the days seperatly. If I have
two dates: 4/19/2010 in row 1 and 4/20/2010 in row 2, I want to change their
format to MM-YY so I would only count 1 but it is currently counting the two
dates seperatly in my pivot table. Please help me....

.