Calif_guy

Default How to convert Numbers to text

Hi everyone,
I know how to convert a text to number..... there are many tips on
this.
But I need to convert numbers to text so that I can import the sheet
to Access

I have a column with many many zip codes. Some have been entered are
numbers, and the vast majority are texts.

Any help would be great....

Thanks
JulieD

Hi

you can use the =TEXT function if there is a consistent format to your
numbers,
e.g. if all the numbers are five digits long then
=TEXT(A1,"00000")
and filled down will give you text for each of these numbers - you can then
copy this column, choose edit / paste special - values to change the formula
into values.

Cheers
JulieD