Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to Block text? I.E. like news paper. right & left justified

I am translating text which is done in Excel, I do not seem to be able to get
the same news paper print look, with a straight edge both on the left and the
right.
Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Choose Format, Cells, Alignment From the Horizontal Drop-down box choose
Justify and click the Wrap Text Checkbox

Peter

"Betababy" wrote:

I am translating text which is done in Excel, I do not seem to be able to get
the same news paper print look, with a straight edge both on the left and the
right.
Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

select the cell, go to format cells and select alignmenthorizontaljustify
--
John
MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)

"Betababy" wrote:

I am translating text which is done in Excel, I do not seem to be able to get
the same news paper print look, with a straight edge both on the left and the
right.
Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to Block text? I.E. like news paper. right & left justifie

Hi John & thank you,
I tried to do what you suggested on a paragraph of text and it all went to
the left and some text dissappeared. What I am after is something that I know
we used to do in words, where the words are all straight on the left at the
same time as all straight on the right. the words are spread out across each
line to allway end at the same place on the right and the left.
Any other ideas?
Helene

"Betababy" wrote:

I am translating text which is done in Excel, I do not seem to be able to get
the same news paper print look, with a straight edge both on the left and the
right.
Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I believe Excel does not have this capability of left and right justify in a
cell.

Excel makes a very poor word processing apllication.

Word is better suited to this task.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Betababy" wrote:

I am translating text which is done in Excel, I do not seem to be able to get
the same news paper print look, with a straight edge both on the left and the
right.
Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Betababy" wrote:

I am translating text which is done in Excel, I do not seem to be able to get
the same news paper print look, with a straight edge both on the left and the
right.
Any suggestions?- Hide quoted text -

I know so. From the cell with text, to easy do it, select the
alignment from the icon(s) on the menu bar. This works for me when I
do forms using Exel.