mango

Default how to make number as text and left justified?

hi all, what function to use to make the number as text and left justified?
normally we put a ' at the cell before the number to treat as text. i do not
want to put each cell with ' as i got more than 1000 records.
thanks alot.
rgds

10430745
530056
3453
RHBB379124
330338
450530192

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

Before you enter the values, format cells as text. But when you have your
entries entered before, then after formatting the range as text, you have to
re-enter them (select the range, and then press repeatedly F2 and Enter -
utlil all entries are re-entered).

Another way, with data in wrong format present, is to use a helper column.
P.e. with data in column A (format them as text before - so you don't bother
about it later), into free column enter formulas (really, enter the formula
into one cell, and copy to same number of rows as data in column A) like:
="" & A2
Now, copy the range with formulas, and paste them into column A as values
(using Paste Special). After that you can delete the helper column.

--
When sending mail, use address arvil<attarkon.ee
Arvi Laanemets