Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Managing Large Amounts of Data

Hello All,

I have a CSV file that is a collection of temperatures from several
different thermocouples. The values are measure every 30 seconds for close
to two days.

I am looking to create a graph using excel, but the amount of data
causes my computer slow down. Is there a function or some means were I can
create a graph from every fifth point or every tenth point?

Thanks
$. O.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Here is a formula to extract every 5th element for a range

=INDEX($A$1:$A$10000,(ROW()-1)*5+1)

Just copy it down as needed. Then convert to values or not and plot.

You can also use the Sampling tool in the Data Analysis command (under Data
menu) if you have the Analysis ToolPak installed.

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire