ISMEGORDO

Default Reference to One Cell stays the same in Different Formula

Hi there all,

I know it can be done I just forget the naming of this cell

I want to have several Cells that the formula in it has One Particular cell
in it, I want to then be able to click and Drag this formula Down the page to
Autofill the celles bello, But that one Cell (in the formula cannot change)

ie:Cell D2 =(A4 *B6)
Cell D3 =(A4 * B7)
And So On I am Pretty sure that the cel A4 had ! in it to keep that from
moving to the next cell when auto filling

Any Idead Thanks In Advance

Gordon

Chip Pearson

In D2, use the formula =($A$4*B6)

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"ISMEGORDO" wrote in
message
Hi there all,

I know it can be done I just forget the naming of this cell

I want to have several Cells that the formula in it has One
Particular cell
in it, I want to then be able to click and Drag this formula
Down the page to
Autofill the celles bello, But that one Cell (in the formula
cannot change)

ie:Cell D2 =(A4 *B6)
Cell D3 =(A4 * B7)
And So On I am Pretty sure that the cel A4 had ! in it to keep
that from
moving to the next cell when auto filling

Any Idead Thanks In Advance

Gordon

bigwheel

What you need is $

Cell D2 = $A$4*B6
Cell D3 = $A$4*B7

etc.

Barb R.

Look at this example:
A B C D
Row 1 2 3 4
Row 2 1 =$A2*B$1 =$A2*C$1 =$A2*D$1
Row 3 2 =$A3*B$1 =$A3*C$1 =$A3*D$1
Row 4 3 =$A4*B$1 =$A4*C$1 =$A4*D$1
Row 5 4 =$A5*B$1 =$A5*C$1 =$A5*D$1
Row 6 5 =$A6*B$1 =$A6*C$1 =$A6*D$1

You want to multiply what's in Column A by the #'s in Row 1.
"ISMEGORDO" wrote:

Hi there all,

I know it can be done I just forget the naming of this cell

I want to have several Cells that the formula in it has One Particular cell
in it, I want to then be able to click and Drag this formula Down the page to
Autofill the celles bello, But that one Cell (in the formula cannot change)

ie:Cell D2 =(A4 *B6)
Cell D3 =(A4 * B7)
And So On I am Pretty sure that the cel A4 had ! in it to keep that from
moving to the next cell when auto filling

Any Idead Thanks In Advance

Gordon

Monk

Hi there..

Not 100% sure what your query is asking, Im guessing that you are wanting to
drag a formula into other cells but are finding the formula automatically
changes the cell number/letter (which you may not want) ..?!!

.... If this is the query, then add a $ in front of the cell formula letter
or number to prevent the changes from accruing

ie.. A4 (use A$4 to keep the number from changing / using $A$4 stops the
letter and number from changing)

Hope this helps..

"ISMEGORDO" wrote:

Hi there all,

I know it can be done I just forget the naming of this cell

I want to have several Cells that the formula in it has One Particular cell
in it, I want to then be able to click and Drag this formula Down the page to
Autofill the celles bello, But that one Cell (in the formula cannot change)

ie:Cell D2 =(A4 *B6)
Cell D3 =(A4 * B7)
And So On I am Pretty sure that the cel A4 had ! in it to keep that from
moving to the next cell when auto filling

Any Idead Thanks In Advance

Gordon

Monk

Hi there..

Not 100% sure what your query is asking, Im guessing that you are wanting to
drag a formula into other cells but are finding the formula automatically
changes the cell number/letter (which you may not want) ..?!!

.... If this is the query, then add a $ in front of the cell formula letter
or number to prevent the changes from accruing

ie.. A4 (use A$4 to keep the number from changing / using $A$4 stops the
letter & number from changing)

Hope this helps..

"ISMEGORDO" wrote:

Hi there all,

I know it can be done I just forget the naming of this cell

I want to have several Cells that the formula in it has One Particular cell
in it, I want to then be able to click and Drag this formula Down the page to
Autofill the celles bello, But that one Cell (in the formula cannot change)

ie:Cell D2 =(A4 *B6)
Cell D3 =(A4 * B7)
And So On I am Pretty sure that the cel A4 had ! in it to keep that from
moving to the next cell when auto filling

Any Idead Thanks In Advance

Gordon

Kassie

With your cursor on the first cell to contain the formula, click in the
formula window, on B4 so that the edit cursor is between the B and the 4, and
press <F4
Otherwise type in $B$4