Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Default Data Label Position

Is there a way to change the default position of a data label in an Excel 07
Chart from the right of the data point to above the data point? I have
looked through the data label options and excel options and found nothing. I
can only do it for each label individually through data label options, but it
will not change the default position. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

I don't believe you can override the default position but you can change
the position of all the data labels in a selected series.

I created a Line chart and then selected the series. Using Chart Tools
Layout Labels Data Labels Above. This way can also be used on
existing data labels once select.

Or if the labels already exist select them and right click, chose Format
Data Labels. Pick Label Options from the list on the list of the dialog
and then Above from the Label Position options.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

By default in 2007 charts don't have data labels. When you select a series
and choose Chart Tools, Layout, and open the Data Labels drop down you just
select Above and you're done.

If you need to do this to charts that already have data labels, try this:
Choose Chart Tools, Layout, Data Labels, and then right-click on Above and
choose Add to Quick Access Toolbar. From then on all you need to do is click
the toolbar button.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire