Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy cell from sheet2

I want to copy a cell from sheet2 to sheet1
it works fine with =Sheet2!A1, the problem is when I insert
a line for new data, the data on A1 moves to A2.

Now, on Sheet1 I get data of A2 instead of A1 !

Please help.

Thanks.
Mukesh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Mukesh" skrev i meddelelsen
I want to copy a cell from sheet2 to sheet1
it works fine with =Sheet2!A1, the problem is when I insert
a line for new data, the data on A1 moves to A2.

Now, on Sheet1 I get data of A2 instead of A1 !

Please help.

Thanks.
Mukesh

Hi

It sounds like you need to use absolute references:

=Sheet2!$A$1

Regards,
Per

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Absolute references won't prevent the reference changing when you insert new
lines, Per.

=INDIRECT("Sheet2!A1") won't change
--
David Biddulph