Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default set printer to 3 hole punch in excel

Can I set the print instructions in an excel file to have the printer 3 hole
punch the job?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello, Liberty!
You wrote on Sun, 17 Sep 2006 13:09:01 -0700:

L Can I set the print instructions in an excel file to have
L the printer 3 hole punch the job?

Do you have printer that punches hole? I've never seen one :-)
However, probably all you want is to set the left margin to a
value that allows punching: File Page Setup Margins.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That would be covered under your printer interface, not Excel.

"Liberty" wrote:

Can I set the print instructions in an excel file to have the printer 3 hole
punch the job?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

do you see an option to do that in the properties of the print dialog. It
would have to be a custom option offered by that printer driver.

Tom Ogilvy

"Liberty" wrote in message
Can I set the print instructions in an excel file to have the printer 3
hole
punch the job?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think the OP is talking about the gutter position option(s) as found in
Word. Not sure they're available in Excel
Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I thought gutter position was the separtion between columns in a multicolumn
page. I am not sure how that relates to 3 hole punch which would put holes
in the paper. An no, there are no gutter position options in Excel.

Tom Ogilvy

"Dave" wrote in message
I think the OP is talking about the gutter position option(s) as found in
Word. Not sure they're available in Excel
Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The way the question was phrased indicated that the OP wanted the holes
punched. I know that there are printers that will collate and staple, but
the hole drilling was always done on a separate machine in the arena I worked
in, which was aerospace. There might be one out there somewhere that can
drill the holes, but that would be controlled by the printer system, not
Excel.

"Dave" wrote in message
I think the OP is talking about the gutter position option(s) as found in
Word. Not sure they're available in Excel
Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Be careful - remember what happened to the printer/stapler/puncher? in the
movie "9 to 5"

Dave