Troi-Xanh

Default count number of cells based on TWO conditions (2 different columns

I would like to create a formula which can count number of cells in a column
matched with a predefined criteria AND another condition on another column:

Example: How many streets was I on when I spot parked minivans when I
cruised around Los Angeles?
Columns: Type of parked cars -- Names of streets
Ashish Mathur

Couple of ways you can do it

- Try using the Database functions such as DSUM, DCOUNT etc.
- You may also use array formulas such sum(if(condition,true,false),range).
This is an array entered formula (Ctrl+Shift+Enter)

Regards,

Ashish Mathur

"Troi-Xanh" wrote:

I would like to create a formula which can count number of cells in a column
matched with a predefined criteria AND another condition on another column:

Example: How many streets was I on when I spot parked minivans when I
cruised around Los Angeles?
Columns: Type of parked cars -- Names of streets

Max

Try SUMPRODUCT. See Bob Phillip's nice coverage at his:

Rgds
Max
xl 97
---