JLC

Default isolating different aspects of worksheets...as objects? through section breaks?

I have a field observation report that will be done daily be field
supervisors (see attached).

Each section will vary over time and some will vary from site to site.
I'd like to have each section encapsulated, so I can make changes to
one object or file and have it auto-update on every worksheet
throughout this workbook and other related workbooks (each sheet
representing a different site).

For example, the last section lets us track in-house employees. As
people are hired and fired or as they quit, I'm going to need to modify
this section. I'd like to do so from one master list that each sheet
links to. I need this for at least two reasons.

1) the subcontractor section has a different number of rows for each
sheet, so I can't do it the normal way (Select All Worksheets and
modify as needed)

2) I want to be able to print each section separately.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
jc

|Filename: Book1.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3992 |

JLC
JLC's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28014
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=482071

Harlan Grove

JLC wrote...
I have a field observation report that will be done daily be field
supervisors (see attached).

No one in their right mind opens workbooks from strangers. Describe
what you want in plain text.

That said, what you describe would be much better implemented as a
database application. Automatic batch updating of related existing
workbooks - data, formulas or layout - is a HUGE pain and pretty
unreliable. You can try, but I'd bet your boss will be very
dissatisfied with the result.

JLC

So I keep telling him...I actually solved the specific problem by
rearranging my worksheet, so I won't need to describe everything.
Thanks for the admonishment...trusting myself, I didn't consider that
others wouldn't. : )

-jlc