worf65

Default I am getting "unable to read" when trying to open an excel file

When trying to open an existing Excel file. I am getting "unable to read
message"
Earl Kiosterud

Worf,

That sounds like a media error. If you're trying to open it directly from a
diskette, CD ROM, etc., try copying it to the hard drive (Desktop, My
Documents, wherever). Open from there.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"worf65" wrote in message
When trying to open an existing Excel file. I am getting "unable to read
message"

Earl Kiosterud

Worf,

Some possibilities. See if you can copy the file to another folder. If it
isn't readable, that will fail. Depending on your version of Excel, you may
be able to click the dropdown arrow in the Open button in File - Open, and
select Open and repair. Send the file to someone else who has Excel (maybe
a later version than you have) and see if they can open it.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com