Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Merged cells in chart

Another question for EXCEL gurus !

I have a chart with 56 columns(corresponding to 56 weeks in a year),
each of which is composed of merging 7 columns (corresponding to 7
days/week). How can I get a graph with the values in these merged
columns ? Selecting these and clicking does not produce anything !

Thank you !

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Merging cells makes workbooks behave badly in a number of ways. How did you
get 56 * 7 columns into your worksheet, if Excel has only 256 columns? What
does the data look like? In other words, can you describe which cells are
merged together and have which values? Something like:

A1:G1 merged, contains 1/1/2006
H1:N1 merged, contains 1/8/2006
etc.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

wrote in message
ups.com...
Another question for EXCEL gurus !

I have a chart with 56 columns(corresponding to 56 weeks in a year),
each of which is composed of merging 7 columns (corresponding to 7
days/week). How can I get a graph with the values in these merged
columns ? Selecting these and clicking does not produce anything !

Thank you !

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You are right, I have 56*7 rows, not columns.

The layout is something like this below,
20. Aug. Sunday 34
21. Aug. Monday
22. Aug. Tuesday
23. Aug. Wednesday
24. Aug. Thursday
25. Aug. Friday
26. Aug. Saturday
27. Aug. Sunday 35
28. Aug. Monday
29. Aug. Tuesday
30. Aug. Wednesday
31. Aug. Thursday
1. Sep. Friday
2. Sep. Saturday

Week 34 is the result of merging rows in col C corr to 20-Aug to
26-Aug.

---
Jon Peltier wrote:
Merging cells makes workbooks behave badly in a number of ways. How did you
get 56 * 7 columns into your worksheet, if Excel has only 256 columns? What
does the data look like? In other words, can you describe which cells are
merged together and have which values? Something like:

A1:G1 merged, contains 1/1/2006
H1:N1 merged, contains 1/8/2006
etc.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

wrote in message
ups.com...
Another question for EXCEL gurus !

I have a chart with 56 columns(corresponding to 56 weeks in a year),
each of which is composed of merging 7 columns (corresponding to 7
days/week). How can I get a graph with the values in these merged
columns ? Selecting these and clicking does not produce anything !

Thank you !

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

And what is the data to be plotted?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

oups.com...

Jon Peltier wrote:
Merging cells makes workbooks behave badly in a number of ways. How did
you
get 56 * 7 columns into your worksheet, if Excel has only 256 columns?
What
does the data look like? In other words, can you describe which cells are
merged together and have which values? Something like:

A1:G1 merged, contains 1/1/2006
H1:N1 merged, contains 1/8/2006
etc.

- Jon