Santhosh Mani

Default Pivot Table Row Cell (Blank)

Dear Sir
In my pivot table under the row Field when there is no data it is showing
(Blank). How can I avoid appearing (Blank). I dont want to hide the whole row
as there are data in adjacent cells. If I put a space on the cells where
there is no data, it will solve my problem. But it is not easy to do all the
time. Please help

Santhosh
Kuwait
Dave Peterson

You can fill the blank cells with space characters or with a formula that makes
the cell look empty.

I use
=""

I hope that it will be a reminder that I put it in there for a reason!

You can fill in the empty cells pretty quickly by:
selecting your range
edit|goto|special
click on Blanks
click ok--now only the empty cells are selected
type
=""
hit ctrl-enter to fill those empty cells.

Remember to refresh your pivottable.

===
Alternatively, you could use format|conditional formatting to hide that (blank)
value (white font on white fill???).

--

Dave Peterson