Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Blackheartedowl

Default how to count cells with specific format (background color)?

i need to count cells from a range that have a specific background color.
what formula should i used and how.
do i use, countif(range, criteria???) how should i write the criteria.
or is there any way to do this. thanx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Norman Jones

Hi BlackHeartedOwl,

See xlDynamic's ColourCounter page at:

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html

See Chip Pearson's 'Functions For Working With Cell Colors' page at:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

---
Regards,
Norman