Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
scubagal

Default smart tags

I would like to create hidden comments that can be viewed when clicking on a
smart tag. Does anyone know how to do that?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

There are several ways that "hidden comments" can be viewed on demand in
Excel.......one of which being the standard Comment Box which pops up when
it's cell is moused over......could you be a little more descriptive of your
needs.....how many comments?....how big, a sentence or a page or more?....

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"scubagal" wrote in message
I would like to create hidden comments that can be viewed when clicking on

smart tag. Does anyone know how to do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
scubagal

Chuck,

Thank you for responding to my question. I would like a 'smart tag'
rectangle to appear in one of the corners of the cell, which would give the
reader the choice of reading the comment or ignoring it. The comments will be
approximately 2 to 3 simple sentences.

Jillian

"scubagal" wrote in message
I would like to create hidden comments that can be viewed when clicking on

smart tag. Does anyone know how to do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

Well, of course you realize this is not the sort of thing that Excel usually
does.....the regular comment Cob\xes usually suffice for things like
this.....but it is possible to put a small rectangle in certain cells by
using the Drawing Toolbar to create them. and those cells can be copy and
pasted to make many more cells with rectangles in them......then a macro can
be assigned to each.....those macros can be made to pop up a "Message box"
or even a whole new sheet is necessary......Right-cick on a rectangel and
AssignMacro to tie the macro to the rectangle....

Here is some basic code that will use a Message Box.....if goes in a regular
module

Sub commentPOPup()
MsgBox "This is the message that Jillian wants to pop up."
End Sub

Post back if you need more help....
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"scubagal" wrote in message
I would like to create hidden comments that can be viewed when

clicking on
smart tag. Does anyone know how to do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ardus Petus

Paste the following into your Worksheet's code.
Get back to your worksheet and double-click on cell $A$1

HTH
--
AP

'----------------------------------------------------
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick( _
ByVal Target As Range, _
Cancel As Boolean)

Const MyCellAddr = "$A$1"
Dim c As Comment

If Target.Address < MyCellAddr Then Exit Sub
For Each c In Comments
c.Visible = Not c.Visible
Next c
Cancel = True