Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Converting minutes to seconds

Hey, I hope someone can help me ....

I have a column with time in minutes and seconds (eg 1.20) but need
that converting in another column into seconds (eg 80).

Please please please can anyone help me????

--
youngxxi
youngxxi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37158

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Is it 1.20 or 1:20?

If the former

=DOLLARDE(A1,60)*60

note: DOLLARDE function requires Analysis ToolPak to be enabled

if the latter then how is the cell formatted? if h:mm then

=A1*1440 format as general

If m:ss

=A1*86400 format as general

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

When I am entering the time in as 1:20 and format the cell to m:ss it is
changing the value to 20:00, any ideas why???

--
youngxxi
youngxxi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37158
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=568764

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You need to enter as 0:1:20

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=568764

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you ... However I know how to add 2 cells together but I need
columns A & B which is in minutes adding together and converting to
seconds in column c ... Any ideas???