Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Tell me which "season" (Month/Day through Month/Day) a date(Month/Day/Year) falls in (any year)???

I have a list of dates, and I need to find out which season each one
falls in. From all of the date researching that I have done, I cannot
seem to get my answer.

Here is the issue. I have a list of dates:

1/24/02
5/14/03
7/11/02
8/3/05
etc

Then I have 4 seasons, which are the same every year, so year is not
included. They are as follows:

A = 10/25 - 4/30
B = 5/01 - 7/24
C = 7/25 - 9/05
D = 9/06 - 10/24

So for each date, I need to see if it equals A, B, C or D.... Any
thoughts? I have tried this a number of ways, including trying to
split them up, and using Month() and Day() functions, but everything
comes back invalid. I hope some can see what I am not seeing!

Thank you,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Set up a little table like this, somewhere in your worksheet:

01/01/2000 A
05/01/2000 B
07/25/2000 C
09/06/2000 D
10/25/2000 A

Suppose this occupies cells M1:N5, and that your dates start in A1.
This formula should return the appropriate season letter:

=VLOOKUP(DATE(2000,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)),M$1:N$5,2)

Copy down for the other dates.

Hope this helps.

Pete