kevtherev

Default Right Filling A Formula Whilst Keeping A Static Column

Hello,

I have a large worksheet with in excess of 100 rows and 100 columns. In
each cell of column C, I have a constant that I need to use as part of
the formula applicable to columns D, E, etc. For example; =SUM(C7*D7).

I would like to fill right across all subsequent columns so as the
formulas are =SUM(C7*E7), =SUM(C7*F7), etc. Alas, what happens is that
I am getting =SUM(D7*E7), =SUM(E7*F7), etc.

Any suggestion gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kevin

--
kevtherev
kevtherev's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27673

bj

use
=SUM($C7*D7).
the dollar sign will make it stay at column C

"kevtherev" wrote:

Hello,

I have a large worksheet with in excess of 100 rows and 100 columns. In
each cell of column C, I have a constant that I need to use as part of
the formula applicable to columns D, E, etc. For example; =SUM(C7*D7).

I would like to fill right across all subsequent columns so as the
formulas are =SUM(C7*E7), =SUM(C7*F7), etc. Alas, what happens is that
I am getting =SUM(D7*E7), =SUM(E7*F7), etc.

Any suggestion gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kevin

--
kevtherev
kevtherev's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27673
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=471872

kevtherev

bj, RagDyer,

Many thanks. Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,
Kevin