g wills

Default Can you make a cell with a diagonal, so that you can edit the upper and lower part of the cell?

If you make a square cell, then make a diagonal border you can make it
look right for printing, but I was wondering if there is anyway to
make it so that you can edit.

For example:
I would like to make a cell and then split it into 2 cells, so that it
will almost look like a fraction.

1/2 #1 in the upper cell,# 2 in the lower cell, then use a border
to do the diagonal.

gwillis
Bernie Deitrick

G,

Not really. But you can take two side-by-side cells, format them so that
their text is on a 45 degree angle, put a vertical border between them, and
then adjust the row heights and column widths to get something close.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"g wills" wrote in message
If you make a square cell, then make a diagonal border you can make it
look right for printing, but I was wondering if there is anyway to
make it so that you can edit.

For example:
I would like to make a cell and then split it into 2 cells, so that it
will almost look like a fraction.

1/2 #1 in the upper cell,# 2 in the lower cell, then use a border
to do the diagonal.

gwillis

Michael

Hi
Use the draw function to draw a diagonal line.
type in your numerator then press ALT + Enter, depending on cell size, press
space until the cursor is on the right of the cell and then type in your
denominator.
This will then look like a fraction.
BUT
it doesn't work like one !!
Why don't you just format the cell in question to FRACTION

HTH
Michael
"g wills" wrote:

If you make a square cell, then make a diagonal border you can make it
look right for printing, but I was wondering if there is anyway to
make it so that you can edit.

For example:
I would like to make a cell and then split it into 2 cells, so that it
will almost look like a fraction.

1/2 #1 in the upper cell,# 2 in the lower cell, then use a border
to do the diagonal.

gwillis

JE McGimpsey

One way:

Enter 12 in the cell.

Format/Cells/Number/Custom 0* 0

(zero, asterisk, space, zero). Give the cell a diagonal border.