Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I create a list (Word) of the names on Excel worksheet tabs

I need to create a list in Word of the names on (20) Excel worksheet tabs. I
can find the list, but I cannot copy and paste.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See PUP at http://j-walk.com/ss/pup/pup6/

There is a utility for creating a "Contents Page" This creates a list of
named worksheets and adds hyperlinks.

Regards
Phil

"PT" wrote:

I need to create a list in Word of the names on (20) Excel worksheet tabs. I
can find the list, but I cannot copy and paste.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I create a list (Word) of the names on Excel worksheet

Here is code that will make the list on Sheet1 starting at cell A1. You
probably don't want to remove sheet1 from the list

Sub GetWorksheetNames()

RowCount = 1

For Each MyWorksheet In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets

Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Offset(rowOffset: =RowCount,
columnOffset:=0) = MyWorksheet.Name

RowCount = RowCount + 1
Next MyWorksheet

End Sub

"PT" wrote:

I need to create a list in Word of the names on (20) Excel worksheet tabs. I
can find the list, but I cannot copy and paste.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I would first put the list into a new worksheet then copy the list to Word.

Private Sub ListSheets()
'list of sheet names starting at A1
'first insert a new worksheet
Dim rng As Range