Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Number format still uses decimal point

I have Excel 2002 SP3 and when I format cells to use numbers all numbers
show up with a decimal and then are rounded up. For example. I want to put
inventory numbers in column A such as number 394. The result is that the
number shows up in the formula bar as three POINT nine four and in column A
as a 4. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JMB JMB is offline

Do you have fixed decimal turned on?

Check Tools/Options/Edit - uncheck fixed decimal.