Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
susan

Default changing numbers into a barcode using excel

can anyone help me. I have heard you can change numbers into a barcode
formatt which can then be scanned with barcode scanner.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ardus Petus

You first have to install a barcode font.
http://www.barcodesinc.com/free-barcode-font/

Then FormatCellFont

Et voilà!

HTH
--
AP

"susan" a écrit dans le message de news:
can anyone help me. I have heard you can change numbers into a barcode
formatt which can then be scanned with barcode scanner.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
kassie

As far as I know, you enter the numbers you want to use in Excel, and then
print it to a special brcode printer? The printer program does the
conversion for you

"susan" wrote:

can anyone help me. I have heard you can change numbers into a barcode
formatt which can then be scanned with barcode scanner.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
susan

Thanks ardus great help;but i have saved in windows fonts file but when in
excel it doesnt show the font for some reason.have i saved in wrong spot?

"Ardus Petus" wrote:

You first have to install a barcode font.
http://www.barcodesinc.com/free-barcode-font/

Then FormatCellFont

Et voilÃ*!

HTH
--
AP

"susan" a écrit dans le message de news:
can anyone help me. I have heard you can change numbers into a barcode
formatt which can then be scanned with barcode scanner.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ardus Petus

You should have installed the fonts with StartControl PanelFonts.

Once the fonts have been installed, you must stop/restart Excel before it
takes the new fonts into account.

HTH
--

"Ardus Petus" wrote:

You first have to install a barcode font.
http://www.barcodesinc.com/free-barcode-font/

Then FormatCellFont

Et voilà!

HTH
--
AP

"susan" a écrit dans le message de
can anyone help me. I have heard you can change numbers into a barcode
formatt which can then be scanned with barcode scanner.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
susan

Thats terrific it works, i moved the files to where you said.
Thank you very much ardus!