Mahnaz

Default calculating with a time format cell

Hi,
I wana calculate the monthly wages,then in one cell I have hourly wage and
in other cell I have total work hour for example (120:45:40),and I want
multiple this two cells.
How can I convert or change the time cell to a number and write a formula
for multipling them?
Thank you so much.
--------
Regards
Mahnaz
Ben McBen

Hi

if this really is a time formatted cell - then the
contents are already a number, just formated to show
time. In Excel (and lots of other places) 1 = 1 day so
1/24 is = 1 hour. So you should be able to simply divide
your value by 24 then multiply by hourly rate.

ttfn benm