Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
John

Default Dates and Recomended Graphing Programs to work with excel?

Is there a way to have excel not graph a space in between dates that are not
right in a row... for example. if I have 12-1, 12-2, 12-3, and then jump to
12-6.... how can I avoid that space in my graph.

also... I find excel graph's to be difficult to work with... are there any
recomended charting programs that work with excel that have more
functionality and just work better?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi,

You can change the axis to be categorical rather than time series.
Right click chart and choose Chart Options. On the scale tab set the x
axis scale to Category.

Excel charts can appear difficult but they can be and are very
versatile. Have a look at these sites for charting tips, tricks and work
arounds.

http://peltiertech.com/index.html
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/