Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I change the fill color of a cell using an "IF" function

I'm trying to change the fill color of a cell based on a condition (value)..
FOr example if a value is less than 7, fill the cell color in red
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use conditional formatting. Select the cell, then Data Conditional
Formatting. Set the condition(s) and corresponding format(s). Then if the
condition is satisfied the format will be applied.

"donschap" wrote:

I'm trying to change the fill color of a cell based on a condition (value)..
FOr example if a value is less than 7, fill the cell color in red

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

<Format
<Conditional Formatting
In the second drop down box choose "Less Than"
Enter 7
Click "Format" and choose a red cell format

Dave

"donschap" wrote:

I'm trying to change the fill color of a cell based on a condition (value)..
FOr example if a value is less than 7, fill the cell color in red

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

At Fomats/Conditional Formatting - ConditonsFormulas Is Box, write the
formula as
Suppose you have data at A1 then

=A1<7

Then, click Format button set pattern colour as Red and click OK

You will get the desired thing.

Also, if you want to copy the same to all your sheet, Then copy A1, and
select the data. Paste special using right mouse button and select
Formats.

I hope this helps you

Thanks

Shail

donschap wrote:
I'm trying to change the fill color of a cell based on a condition (value)..
FOr example if a value is less than 7, fill the cell color in red

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

HELP! I cannot get your steps to work with Microsoft Office Excel 7 -- when
I go to Data there is not a Conditional Formatting option to select from --
what am I missing? Thanks! Flojoe