Claudia_R

Default How do I get my personal macro worksheet to open whenever I open .

I have Excel 2000 (9.0.7616 SP-3) on a laptop that has Windows XP and
whenever I try to run a macro (saved on my personal.xls worksheet) it shows
that my worksheet will not open as a hidden file when I open Excel. I have
used another version of Excel on a PC running Windows 2000 and Excel 2000
(9.0.4402 SR-2) and whenever I open Excel my Personal.xls file is opened in
the background. Is there a way that I can fix my Laptop to do the same? Any
help would be much appreciated
Frank Kabel

Hi
try:
- put personal.xls in your XLStart folder
- after openening Excel activate this file and use 'Windowsd - Hide' to
hide it
- close Excel and start it again

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Claudia_R" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
I have Excel 2000 (9.0.7616 SP-3) on a laptop that has Windows XP and
whenever I try to run a macro (saved on my personal.xls worksheet) it

shows
that my worksheet will not open as a hidden file when I open Excel.

I have
used another version of Excel on a PC running Windows 2000 and Excel

2000
(9.0.4402 SR-2) and whenever I open Excel my Personal.xls file is

opened in
the background. Is there a way that I can fix my Laptop to do the

same? Any
help would be much appreciated

Claudia_R

Thank you Frank but I actually did do that already and it still will not open
as a hidden file when I start Excel. Do you know of a setting that I have to
activate to get it to work? By the way, I also have two other accounts,
Default User, All Users and Administrator. Should I copy it into the XLSTART
folder on all these accounts? Please let me know. Thanks!!!!!

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

[...]

Dave Peterson

I'd delete all of the except for one.

And I'd find the location of the file to keep by:

Start excel
hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE
hit ctrl-g to see the immediate window
type this and hit enter:
?application.startuppath

For me (win98 and xl2002), I get this:
C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART