Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel 2007 "Find" option won't work.

I can't get the "Find" feature to work for Excel 2007. I don't have anything
locked, hidden, or protected. It won't find even the most simple things
(e.g. a cell with "1" in it), and I've tried a variety of settings (even
though most were not necessary). I opened the same workbook/contents in
Excel 2000 and had no problem finding the same things I tried to find using
Excel 2007. What's wrong!?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

All works fine for me. Only clutching at straws but are you aware that if you
have more than one cell selected on a worksheet then Find only looks in the
selected cells.

Regards,

OssieMac

"Nerdophile" wrote:

I can't get the "Find" feature to work for Excel 2007. I don't have anything
locked, hidden, or protected. It won't find even the most simple things
(e.g. a cell with "1" in it), and I've tried a variety of settings (even
though most were not necessary). I opened the same workbook/contents in
Excel 2000 and had no problem finding the same things I tried to find using
Excel 2007. What's wrong!?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Is your search set for "formulas" instead "Text"? Also, try switching to
"columns" in your search, if you're searching in "Rows". As OssieMac stated ,
I'm "clutching at straws" too, as to why you're having this difficulty. Hope
this helps.