Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Running a macro when selecting an item in a drop-down list

Could someone provide me with the code to run macro "MyMacro" when an item is
selected from a drop-down list located in cell H4?

Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Right click the workhseet tab with the drop down in it and select view code.
Paste the following...

If Target.Address = "$H$4" Then Call MyMacro
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Christine" wrote:

Could someone provide me with the code to run macro "MyMacro" when an item is
selected from a drop-down list located in cell H4?

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Any item will run the macro or certain items will run certain macros?

This worksheet change event will run MyMacro whenever any item is picked
from the DV dropdown.

If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
If Intersect(Target, Me.Range("H4")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
On Error GoTo CleanUp
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Target
If .Value < "" Then