Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Keeping the column constant in a formula

I am trying to drag a formula in a row while keeping the source column
constant and incrementing the column number...

A B C
1 1.1
2 2.2
3 3.3
4 4.4
5
6 =A1 =A2 =A3.....

I know how to use the $ to keep the row from changing, but how do you keep
the comlumn constant?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You do it the same exact way.

A$1 will keep the row constant.
$A1 will keep the column constant.
$A$1 will keep both the row and column constant.

HTH,
Paul

"Arithmetic functions with embedded text"
icrosoft.com wrote in
message ...
I am trying to drag a formula in a row while keeping the source column
constant and incrementing the column number...

A B C
1 1.1
2 2.2
3 3.3
4 4.4
5
6 =A1 =A2 =A3.....

I know how to use the $ to keep the row from changing, but how do you keep
the comlumn constant?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

One way ..