Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
neowok

Default need to convert list of dates to count no. of dates by week

Basically I have 2 columns each with a list of dates in no particular
order (and containing blank cells too), one planned date column and one
actual date column.

What I need to do is plot this on a graph, and since the number of
dates has no set limit and I dont want to have to plot maybe 100 dates
on the x axis, so i want to group them by week before plotting them,
i.e. 10 dates for week ending 10th jan, 25 dates for week ending 17th
jan etc

I have a pivot table that counts how many of each date occurs, i.e. 10
x 2nd jan, 7x 3rd jan etc etc but it does not split them into weeks.

im sure theres an easyish way of doing it so i can get the 2 lines on
the graph for no. of planned dates each week and no. of actual dates
each week, i just cant see it.

thanks

--
neowok