Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I create check boxes?

I am working on a form that probably should have been created in Word. The
author used Wingdings to put little boxes in some of the cells but instead, I
need them to be checkboxes so that other users can select appropriate boxes
as needed. How do I create a check box in Excel? I'm using Office 2007.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Naz Naz is offline

Hi

On the main menu goto View the Toolbar then Forms, the forms toolbar appears
and you can select check boxes. Simply click/drag onto where you want them in
the workbook.
--

_______________________
Naz,

"geckotatgirl" wrote:

I am working on a form that probably should have been created in Word. The
author used Wingdings to put little boxes in some of the cells but instead, I
need them to be checkboxes so that other users can select appropriate boxes
as needed. How do I create a check box in Excel? I'm using Office 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks so much for replying. I'm not seeing this in my version of Excel,
though. I'm using Home and Student 2007 and the menu bar is completely
different. When I click on View, I don't have a toolbar option nor do I see
Forms. Are you using this version or something similar?

"geckotatgirl" wrote:

I am working on a form that probably should have been created in Word. The
author used Wingdings to put little boxes in some of the cells but instead, I
need them to be checkboxes so that other users can select appropriate boxes
as needed. How do I create a check box in Excel? I'm using Office 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Naz Naz is offline

OK i'm using 2002 so that will explain the diff. From what i recall of the
Beta 2007
Clicking on the Office Icon (the weird thing in the corner) you click on
Excel Options, then select Personalize.
That is where the check box for the "Show Developer Tab in the Ribbon" is.
From there you should be able to find it (i hope).

--

_______________________
Naz,

"geckotatgirl" wrote:

I am working on a form that probably should have been created in Word. The
author used Wingdings to put little boxes in some of the cells but instead, I
need them to be checkboxes so that other users can select appropriate boxes
as needed. How do I create a check box in Excel? I'm using Office 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I can't tell you how much I
appreciate your help. Never in a million years would I have found that!

"Naz" wrote:

OK i'm using 2002 so that will explain the diff. From what i recall of the
Beta 2007
Clicking on the Office Icon (the weird thing in the corner) you click on
Excel Options, then select Personalize.
That is where the check box for the "Show Developer Tab in the Ribbon" is.
From there you should be able to find it (i hope).

--

Naz,