Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default invalid references

I created and have been usuing a workbook in excel 2003 with no problems. I
just upgraded to office 2007 and when I open the workbook I get the following
message..." a formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid
references. Verify that your formulas contain a valid path, workbook,range
name and cell reference". I am wondering why I did not receive this message
with excel 2003 and how I locate the invalid cell reference? Thanks for your
assistance.
--
Shooter
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

We encounter the same issue.
By selected a wrong cell and pressing F2 (edit) followed by just pressing
the enter key to confirm. The formula accepts normally.
Anyone recognizing this behaviour or better having a solution for it.

Thanks

"Shooter" wrote:

I created and have been usuing a workbook in excel 2003 with no problems. I
just upgraded to office 2007 and when I open the workbook I get the following
message..." a formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid
references. Verify that your formulas contain a valid path, workbook,range
name and cell reference". I am wondering why I did not receive this message
with excel 2003 and how I locate the invalid cell reference? Thanks for your
assistance.
--
Shooter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select one column and DataText to ColumnsFinish

Works most of the time.

OR.....maybe numbers are text.

Format all to General, copy an empty cell.

Select all and EditPaste SpecialAddOKEsc

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP