Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I enter the same data no multiple cells with current data?

Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maggie

Don't put your question in the title.

In addition, be more specific, in order to get a good response.

--
Wigi
http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music

Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'll be a bit more specific. I want to know if there is a way of adding the
same data to multiple cells that already have data without changing the
existing data in the cell. For example if I have a number 07165489 I want to
be able to add to the front of it 978. I want to do the same thing to
multiple cells

Thank you.

Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I enter the same data no multiple cells with current da

If this these are real numbers - you need to do an arithmetic operation on
them-
enter 97800000000 in an empty cell; copy it; select the cells of interest;
use Edit Paste Special with Add checked; deete the cell with 97800000000

If the 'numbers' are things like account 'numbers': use formula
=TEXT("978","###")&TEXT(A1,"#######"); copy down the column next to the cell
of interest; now use Copy followed by Edit Paste Special with Values
checked to convert fromulas to values. Now you can delete the original values.

best wsihes
--
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Maggie" wrote:

I'll be a bit more specific. I want to know if there is a way of adding the
same data to multiple cells that already have data without changing the
existing data in the cell. For example if I have a number 07165489 I want to
be able to add to the front of it 978. I want to do the same thing to
multiple cells

Thank you.

Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

First, 07165489 is not a number unless you have formatted to 00000000

Otherwise it is text.

Couple of ways.

1. in a helper column celll enter ="978" & A1. Copy down the column.

2. With a macro to change all in place at one go with no formulas.

Post back if 2. would suit you.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:42:01 -0700, Maggie
wrote:

I'll be a bit more specific. I want to know if there is a way of adding the
same data to multiple cells that already have data without changing the
existing data in the cell. For example if I have a number 07165489 I want to
be able to add to the front of it 978. I want to do the same thing to
multiple cells

Thank you.

"Maggie" wrote:

Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select your ranges Edit Replace Find what: 07165489 Replace with:
97807165489

"Maggie" wrote:

Please help.