Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Isolated rows within a single cell?

I know that you can't actually change the cell height in different
cells across a row, but I'm hoping there is a work-around. I am trying
to produce a spreadsheet that will look like the following:

A B C D
| |Option #1 |_____[Value]___|[Comments] |
| |Option #2 |_______________|[over multiple]|
1 |[Picture] |Option #3 |_______________|[lines] |
| | |_______________| |
|____________|_______________|_______________|____ ___________|

The position of (C) could be next to any (but only one) of the options
in (B). The application is for a service technician to enter the values
quickly without having to do any formatting for position or color; point
next to the option in (B) and type.

The size of (A) and (D) cannot change as the form needs to be easily
printable on a standard 8.5 x 11 page.

Worst-case option would be to make a text box for each value
postion... but that's multiple boxes in 20 cells... Not an appealing
prospect!

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry. I used tabs and the formatting broke on review... here's a
"spaced" version incase the same thing happens to anyone else!

| |Option #1 |_____[Value]___|[Comments] |
| |Option #2 |_______________|[over multiple]|
1 |[Picture] |Option #3 |_______________|[lines] |
| | |_______________| |
|____________|_______________|_______________|____ ___________|

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ryan P. wrote:

A B C D
************************************************** ************
* * Option #1 * [Value] *[Comments] *
* * ***************** *
* * Option #2 * *[over multiple]*
* * ***************** *
1 *[Picture] *Option #3 * * [lines] *
* * ***************** *
* * * * *
************************************************** ************
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One more try with the table...

A B C D
Option 1 Comments Over
Option 2 multiple lines
1 [Picture] Option 3 Value
Option 4
Option 5

Option 1 Comments Over
Option 2 multiple lines
2 [Picture] Option 3 Value
Option 4
Option 5

Insert rows (1 to 4) if the cell value equals a fixed word Joy Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 July 20th 06 08:40 AM
Data: select a cell x rows below the current, where x is designate manxman Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 July 18th 06 05:32 PM
I want to chage a whole rows text color based on single cell valu. thediamondfam Excel Worksheet Functions 2 January 12th 05 01:15 AM
GET.CELL Biff Excel Worksheet Functions 2 November 24th 04 08:16 PM
parse cell and insert rows? Gorrila Grod Excel Worksheet Functions 3 November 5th 04 09:19 AM