FLYNNE

Default Microsoft Office XP excel 2003

When I open Excel 2003 the splash screen hangs for 30 seconds to about a
minute and then excel opens and behaves normally.
All other office programs such as Word etc open quickly and behave normally.
If Excel is opened in safe mode , the program opens rapidly without any
splash screen at all.

Any explanations and indeed a cure for this behaviour ?

Regards

--
FLYNNE
Dave Peterson

When you open excel in safe mode, you're not opening the addins or stuff in your
XLStart folder or your customized toolbar.

If you don't have lots of addins turned on and don't have lots of stuff in your
XLStart folder, then I'd try this:

Close excel
then use windows search to find all the *.xlb files
and rename them all to *.xlbOLD

Then reopen excel to test it.

If it works ok, you can delete those *.xlbOLD files. And rebuild any changes to
your toolbars.

If that wasn't the solution, then just rename them back to the original names
(with excel closed).