Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
reno

Default Excel 2007 Beta-Named Ranges

where is the old InsertNameRange locate? i make extensive us ranges and
have to change them, can't seem to find them anyplace on the new beta.

seems the beta is going to need a lot of work to win me over.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Rech

The new Names Manager, etc. is on the Formulas tab. Ctrl-F3 is the short
cut to it.

--
Jim
"reno" wrote in message
| where is the old InsertNameRange locate? i make extensive us ranges and
| have to change them, can't seem to find them anyplace on the new beta.
|
| seems the beta is going to need a lot of work to win me over.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
reno

Thx, it is rather frustrating having used XL for years, older versions seem
more intuitive than the beta

"reno" wrote in message
| where is the old InsertNameRange locate? i make extensive us ranges and
| have to change them, can't seem to find them anyplace on the new beta.
|
| seems the beta is going to need a lot of work to win me over.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme

How do you know the older version is "more intuitive" as you have been using
it for years? For something to be intuitive it must be obvious to the user
who has no experience.
We would need to test a number of neophytes who have never used Excel and
see if those on the old version learned quicker than those on the new. I
think it is an open question.

BUT, like you, I know I have some hours of frustration ahead of me!
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"reno" wrote in message
| where is the old InsertNameRange locate? i make extensive us ranges
and
| have to change them, can't seem to find them anyplace on the new beta.
|
| seems the beta is going to need a lot of work to win me over.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nick Hodge

Reno

'Name a range' on the Formulas tab is surely so similar as to make little
difference?

--
HTH
Nick Hodge