logan_48080

Default If Year equals 1999 then multiply cell by x

Just looking for a formula that will allow me to do a calculation that
will differ based on the year indicated in a date column... such as if
year =1999 then multiply A2 by .75.

I can't figure this out and the help program isn't doing me any good.
This has to be easier than I'm making it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

--
logan_48080
logan_48080's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9146

swatsp0p

If your date is in F4 and your data to calculate is in G4, use this
formula:

=IF(YEAR(F4)=1999,G4*0.75,"not 1999")

You don't say what to do if the year is not 1999, so in my example I
simply return a text entry that tells you the year isn't 1999.

Does this work for you?

--
swatsp0p

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=473458

logan_48080

I'm all set now, Thanks!

--
logan_48080
logan_48080's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9146
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=473458

swatsp0p

Glad that worked for you. Thanks for the feedback, it is always
appreciated.

Cheers!