Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default dates for on time delivery calc.

I am trying to take all the orders for different parts from a vendor for a
year and calculate their on-time or late delivery times.

I am having troubles when a vendor delivers early it causes a negative
number. So I need to do two things 1 find the total early deliveries and the
total numbers of days early then I need to find the total late deliveries and
the total numbers of days late.

I have used NETWORKDAYS and that works well if the shipment is on-time or
late.

Example:

Part X due date is 06/29/2007 actual receipt date 06/20/2007 = -8 or 8 days
early
Part Z due date is 06/20/2007 actual receipt date 06/28/2007 = 8 days late

What is the best way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assume the due date is in column A, and the receipt date is in column B.

In column C, calculate the day difference, using:

=b2-a2

and copy down.

Now the total number of days early is the sum of colum C where the number is
negative, and the total number of days late is the sum of column C where the
number is positive. These formula a

=sumif(c:c,"<0")
=sumif(c:c,"0")

Regards,
Fred

"Xfree" wrote in message
I am trying to take all the orders for different parts from a vendor for a
year and calculate their on-time or late delivery times.

I am having troubles when a vendor delivers early it causes a negative
number. So I need to do two things 1 find the total early deliveries and
the
total numbers of days early then I need to find the total late deliveries
and
the total numbers of days late.

I have used NETWORKDAYS and that works well if the shipment is on-time or
late.

Example:

Part X due date is 06/29/2007 actual receipt date 06/20/2007 = -8 or 8
days
early
Part Z due date is 06/20/2007 actual receipt date 06/28/2007 = 8 days late

What is the best way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Fred,
Thanks for the help but now I have a new problem:

Pono Itemkey RequestDate Days Early or Late Total
18663 T446-C 1/3/2008 5 5
8 8
9 9
15 15
Our vendors do not ship complete orders, in the example you can see we
receved parts on the same PO 4 times. Now the problem is that the counts
above show the days late on each receipt but really all I want to know is the
total days late to ship complete which is the 15 days. How do I filter out
the rest of the days?

Mark Pierce

"Xfree" wrote in message
I am trying to take all the orders for different parts from a vendor for a
year and calculate their on-time or late delivery times.

I am having troubles when a vendor delivers early it causes a negative
number. So I need to do two things 1 find the total early deliveries and
the
total numbers of days early then I need to find the total late deliveries
and
the total numbers of days late.

I have used NETWORKDAYS and that works well if the shipment is on-time or
late.

Example:

Part X due date is 06/29/2007 actual receipt date 06/20/2007 = -8 or 8
days
early
Part Z due date is 06/20/2007 actual receipt date 06/28/2007 = 8 days late

What is the best way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How do you tell when an order is complete?

Whatever identifies a complete order, test for that before calculating the
day difference. If the order is incomplete, leave it blank. If the order is
complete, then do the calculation. As in:

=if(pono<"",b2-a2,"")

Regards,
Fred.